The 3D MGSE, provided by MURB Space, is a device created to both facilitate and shorten the assembly process, while satisfying the quality requirements. It allows to mount and rotate the satellite when assembling it. It shortens the procedure of manipulating the satellite when an engineer performs manual activities, such as mounting the components inside the satellite.
The 3D MGSE can be used for assembly and testing of the satellite. It consists of:
- the base plate which provides stability for the mounting platform
- the mounting platform which is a tower with the bearing-locking mechanism where the supporting frame is mounted
- the supporting frame which allows to rotate the satellite around the first axis
The built-in bearings mechanism enables to rotate the satellite around the second axis. The satellite can be rotated around the third axis: this is performed by rotating the tower. In addition, the system is equipped with locking mechanisms (i.e. all the rotating components can be locked against accidental rotation) and is designed to accommodate additional equipment required by the customers.
Finally, it can be extended with future upgrade kits (which will provide additional features, such us the angle measurement, the motors to rotate the satellite with defined angular velocities, etc.).
- Available for CubeSats: 3U, 6U, 12U
- Other sizes: please fill out the form at the bottom of the page
- Degrees of Freedom: 3 (X, Y, Z)
- Materials: stainless steel, aluminum alloy
- Coating: anodized aluminum (optional)
- Adapter: customizable
- Total weight: ˜35 kg
- Dimensions: 418 mm x 418 mm x 558 mm
- Maximum weight of a payload: 30 kg
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2019-07-09