Ka-Band Antenna Pointing Mechansim
Surrey is evolving its data downlink capability through the development of an innovative Ka-band APM product. The major product development considerations are:
- Surrey is working to evolve the existing X-band APM into a Ka-band APM which will support a data throughput up to 1 Gbps.
- Ka-band APM product development will consider both coaxial and waveguide feeds.
- Rotary joint design and arrangement is currently being reviewed.
- It is likely that an in-house Cassegrain reflector will be designed to achieve the required gain.
- The larger antenna and RF feed can be easily incorporated into the existing mechanism with minor modifications.
- The proven fundamental mechanism components remain identical to the first-generation X-band APM, made possible through the design’s modular layout and generous design-margins.
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2018-07-13