The Tesat TOSIRIS is a laser communication terminal for Low Earth Orbit(LEO) to Ground data transmission with 10 Gbps data rate. The system includes a full hemispherical, coarse beam pointing mechanism. It has a lifetime of 5 years in LEO orbit.
Suitable for smallsat LEO to ground laser communication range.
- Laser communication terminal optimized for 60cm aperture optical ground station with uplink beacon
- 1550nm IM DD technology
- 10minutes communication time/ground station pass
- Integrated terminal controller for autonomous terminal operation
- Integrated mass memory
- Uplink TC channel from optical ground station
- Reference implementation for CCSDS standard
The system has acheived flight heritage. It was part of the Airbus‘ Bartolomeo platform on the International Space Station(ISS).
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2022-09-22