The Chameleon imager builds upon the space qualified control electronics of the Gecko imager and combines this with high performance optics to maximize imaging capability in small form factor Cubesats. High capacity, high performance mass storage is integrated into the compact design. The opto-mechanics have been optimized to fit within the available volume of CubeSat deployers, thuis providing maximum volume to accomodate the functionality required for high performance CubeSat missions
Images are captured directly to the integrated mass storage, meaning that there is no need for additional payload data storage capacity on the satellite. Data can be streamed directly to a transmitter or to an on-board computer, as required. Reliable operation is achieved by using a combination of proprietary hardware and ruggedized optics.
In summary, the main features and benefits include:
- high-resolution multispectral or hyperspectral linescan images
- large, integrated, high-speed storage
- compact form factor that is optimized for integration with 3U or larger CubeSat frames
- proven electronics with flight heritage
- customizable on-board storage and downlink options
- mechanical compatibility with standard CubeSat frames
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2023-09-04