The General Dynamics Small Deep Space Transponder (SDST) is an X-band/Ka-band transponder terminal for telecommunication with NASA Deep Space Network (DSN).
It was developed in collaboration with NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL). The radiation and SEU tolerant system uses a signal processing ASIC, multichip modules, and MMICs extensively for enabling the nearly deep space mission communications.
- NASA Deep Space Network (DSN) compatible
- Redundant I/O for cross-strapping
- Includes X-Band Receiver and X- and Ka-Band Exciters
- Temperature-compensated receiver VCO
- Low Exciter Spurious, Phase Noise, and Allan Deviation
- Radio Science Mode (using USO Input)
- MIL-STD-1553 Interface; Standard and Low Power
- External power converter synchronization capability
- Operates under launch environments
- Radiation and SEU resistant
- Internal telemetry modulation encoder
- Internal Command Detector with External Baseband Input
- Mounting in either of two axes
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2022-02-28