NewSpace Systems (NSS) offers the NRWA-T065 reaction wheel for small satellite missions. A high performance alternative to a reaction control system, reaction wheels provide spacecraft with control torque by means of momentum exchange between the satellite body and the rotating wheel.
Typically, three to four reaction wheels are needed to provide full three-axis control of a spacecraft and the additional integration of these wheels with external gyroscopes for full three-axis control using inertial rates. With high torque stability, wheel momentum capacity and accuracy speed control; NSS reaction wheels are suitable for small satellite missions requiring accurate pointing.
The NRWA-T065 is TRL 9 and has extensive in-orbit heritage. Flying since 2014, this wheel has more than 3 million failure-free hours in-orbit with no reported SEU’s. Given the robust nature of the T065 wheel, this product is suitable for longer lifetime missions and constellation programmes.
Key features of NSS reaction wheels include:
- Wheel torque and momentum capacity suited to client mission requirements
- Current, speed and torque control
- Simple digital interface to spacecraft bus
- Integration with an optional gyroscope for inertial rate control and inertial angle control modes possible
- Hermetically sealed (not T10)
- Long demonstrated lifetimes
NSS reaction wheels can be used in a variety of applications, including:
- High performance three-axis torque and momentum exchange actuators for small satellite missions
- Momentum bias
- Inertial rate control for accurate pointing of imagers
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2023-03-20