The Redwire ± 64° Digital Sun Sensor (DSS64) features two measurement axes and five sensors (up to 8 sensors available). The unit is rad hard to 100 krad (Si) and is spaceflight proven.
Key applications of the DSS64 include:
- Attitude determination
- Sun acquisition
- Solar array pointing
- Fail-safe recovery
The DSS64 has flight heritage across the following space missions:
- Advanced Composition Explorer
- Transition Region and Coronal Explorer
- Deep Space One
- Mars Exploration Rover A
- Mars Exploration Rover B
- MErcury Surface, Space ENvironment, GEochemistry, and Ranging
- Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory
- Mars Science Laboratory
- Interface Region Imaging Spectrograph
- Mars 2020
- Double Asteroid Redirection Test
- Mars Pathfinder
Sun Sensors are export controlled through an ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) issued by the United States Department of Commerce, ECCN 7A104. Export shipment requires successful application for an export license. Redwire is AS9100D/ISO 9001 certified.
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2021-11-22