The Serenum Space RW25 CubeSat Reaction Wheel is designed for 1U to 6U sized CubeSat missions. Some of its key features include fine pointing maneuvers, advanced attitude control including freeze mode, and low vibration design. It is mainly suitable for earth observation missions.
- Speed or torque control mode
- Motor control optimized for low power usage
- Fully automatic single-axis freeze mode
- Wide range of self-diagnostic tools, including:
- current/voltage monitoring
- configurable software overcurrent protection
- automated motor performance evaluation
- in-orbit power consumption optimization
- Improved radiation hardness features, including:
- ECC non-volatile memory
- radiation damage detection in all memory banks
- Several degrees of redundancy within motor sensors and the possibility to run completely sensorless
- Designed to reduce imbalance of the rotating parts
- Low noise generation
- Low-drift 3-axis gyroscope with built-in high-resolution temperature sensor
- Runtime configurable I2C or UART communication interface with CSP support
- 5 or 8 V variants
- BLDC motor with 3 integrated Hall sensors
- ARM Cortex-M0+ microcontroller (24 MHz)
- 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope)
- I2C or UART communication interface (runtime configurable)
- CubeSat Space Protocol support
The system has acheived flight heritage.
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2022-10-20
RW25 CubeSat Reaction Wheel
1. BOL at maximum RPM, when using default amplitude model. Performance with customized and self-measured amplitude models may vary.
2. BOL at maximum RPM, when using default amplitude model. Performance with customized and self-measured amplitude models may vary.