The SkyFox Labs piDOSE-DCD is a digital CubeSat dosimeter designed to provide the information about local gamma ray radiation background aboard small satellites in space, based on ten seconds and minute period measurements, without the use of high voltage geiger-tube sensors.
The PIN diode solid state radiation sensor is equipped with scintillation crystal to extend the lateral sensitive volume to almost omnidirectional and wider energy range (~0.2 - 10 MeV).
The unit contains electrical outputs to signalize the Alarm threshold reached (similar to two times the ISS average dose rate), ERROR signal in case of sensor overload (overdose), INTERRUPT signal to signalize UART data packet transfer, Digital Counts Per Minute pulse output with equalized pulse width and Analog Counts Per Minute Output from the analog comparator.
There are six packets sent about counts per 10 second period, followed by a summary packet indicating doserate integrated over past 60 seconds added with telemetry information (voltage, temperature, uptime).
- Space or Terrestrial Radiation Monitoring
- Aircraft Onboard Radiation Monitoring
- Civil Scientific High Altitude Balloons
- Educational Toolkit, Pfotzer Maximum Monitoring
- Radiation Mapping in 3D together with GNSS
- Space Weather Monitoring
- Geiger Counter with no high voltage parts
- Simple to use, no settings needed
- No optical window or dust-sensitive aperture
- Radiation Alarm signal – triggered over 40 µSv/h
- Alarm reaction time
- Activation (>40 µSv/h) over 1 second
- Deactivation (0-40 µSv/h) over 1 second
- Trigger equals to 2x ISS Average Dose Rate
- Serialized Digital Dose Rate output
- Error signal indicating
- Overload (ERROR, at more than 9 mSv/h)
- zero Counts Per Minute
- temperature over -30°C to 60°C
- Sensitive to gamma and high energy beta rays
- Gamma Ray Sensor
- Easy-to-Implement Data Interface UART 115200-8-N-1, 5V-CMOS levels
- 10× Serial Output sentences, divided by CR+LF 6× Counts per 10 seconds 1× Temperature telemetry 1× Voltage telemetry 1× Uptime telemetry
- Digital Output with fixed pulse width
- Total Ionizing Dose tolerance less than 10 kRad(Si)
- Analog Output with ~energy-dependent width
- Interrupt signal indicating serial stream
- External Reset input
- Connector 2 mm pitch, 2×5 pin header
- Harmonized System (HS) Code for FM model: 9030.10, and for evaluation kit: 8473.3020
- Country of origin: the Czech Republic.
- The Czech Republic participates in the Wassennaar Agreement and agrees with the Missile Technology Control Regime.
- The functional parameters of the Space-grade Flight Model of this product require it to be considered as a regulated good with controlled export.
- An Export License, approved by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Czech Republic (the local control entity), is required.
- Export License requests should be submitted by the manufacturer to the local control entity.
- The manufacturer is prepared to support the customer to obtain the Export License (if approved by the local control entity).
- The typical Export License assessment period is from 30 to 60 days from application to delivery, potentially affecting the respective product delivery date extension.
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2022-05-27