The Space Inventor 12U satellite is a platform configured from modular subsystems suitable for IOD, scientific, educational, BIU and IoT missions.
Each system is equipped with independent radiation shielding, EMI shielding, thermal conduction path, and mechanical support. The iterative development process and integration procedure of Space Inventor facilitates module interchangeability.
The microsatellite platform can be extended with deployable solar panels. The ADCS system provides Nadir or ground tracking. The power generation and solar energy harvesting is optimized by rotating the entire satellite across the bore-axis.
- Educational missions
- BIU missions
- In-orbit demonstration missions
- Scientific missions
- IoT missions
Key features of the subsystems:
- BAT-P3, Integrated 8 cell Li-Ion Battery System
- MPPT-P3, 7 Channel Maximum Power Point Tracker and Battery Charger
- 4-12 Solar cells per string with 1-2 solar cell strings per channel
- PCDU-12, 12 Channel Power Conditioning and Distribution Unit
- TTC-P3, Dual Hot-Redundant VHF/UHF Satellite TT&C radio
- 2 Half-Duplex VHF/UHF Transceivers, 2 Microcontrollers for housekeeping and control
- ADCS-P3, Versatile ADCS Computer with Sensor and Actuator control
- 1x ARM® Cortex-M7 Main Processing Units
- Integrated sensors: 6 Degree of freedom IMU sensor, 3 axis magnetometer
- WHL-50, 50mm high performance reaction wheel
- WHL-200, 70 mm high performance reaction wheel
- STAR-T3, Accurate Star-tracker unit
- FSS-1-G2, Fine Sun Sensor
- 2-axis sun direction sensor based on quad photo diode array
- Integrated 3-axis magnetometer
- Integrated 2-axis Gyro
- OBC-P3, Two fully independent onboard computer modules in a shared enclosure with 2x ARM® Cortex-M7 Main Processing Units
- Z7000-P3, Versatile Payload and Onboard Computing Platform with Dual ARM® Cortex-A9 Main Processing Units
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2022-03-23