The Tensor Tech Integrated ADCS with Reaction Sphere (ADCS100) is an integrated Attitude Determination and Control System (ADCS) that utilizes a variable-speed, single-gimbal control moment gyro (CMG), driven by spherical motor technology for attitude actuation.
It has been designed to for user-friendly integration and operations, with dedicated customer support software for calibration, setting, and simulations on PC. It has a PC104 connector and is controlled by the onboard computer (OBC) using I2C or UART with attitude command.
Tensor Tech’s spherical motor technology has been designed to provide the required levels of ADCS performance for a modern satellite, but with lower weight, volume, and power consumption than traditional systems.
The spherical motor has 2 degrees of freedom in its mechanical structure and operates in the same way as a variable-speed, single-gimbal control moment gyro (CMG), in terms of the rotational dynamics. It can provide angular momentum and torque in 2 axes, due to its patented magnetic field design and control methodology.
An integrated ADCS enables satellite integrators to avoid the need to directly program complicated attitude determination and control algorithms when building an entire system in-house. This helps to save development time and ensures greater reliability.
By utilizing an integrated ADCS a satellite producer can also avoid the costs involved with contracting all design and integration jobs to a professional company, while controlling more aspects of the system.
- Designed to offer a comparatively lighter and lower power-consumption ADCS option than traditional solutions
- Includes an RS100 Reaction Sphere*1, a 3-axis magnetorquer*1, 6 FSS100-fine sun sensors, a MEMS gyroscope, and a 3-axis magnetometer
- A user-friendly interface to simplify operation
- Instant customer support for attitude determination and control processes
- Designed for rapid integration with much of the installation carried out prior to delivery
- Attitude actuation based on a variable-speed, single-gimbal CMG
The system can be provided with an optional GNSS receiver and antenna, to increase the attitude determination precision.
The system is provided with a PC104 connector as standard and the mounting holes, pins, and electrical connectors may be customized.
The system achieved flight heritage in 2021.
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2021-10-21