The Tensor Tech CMG-10m is a variable-speed, single-gimbal Control Moment Gyroscope (CMG) which is suitable for 3U CubeSats. Unlike traditional CMGs that are driven by two or three motors, this CMG is driven by only one spherical motor, making it capable of minimizing into a CubeSat form factor.
Serving as an attitude actuator component, the CMG-10m has to be commanded by the user's onboard computer (OBC) or ADCS computer. Torque and speed modes are available to switch between the OBC and ADCS computer.
The user's controller design can be simplified by adopting the torque mode. However, the output torque is only accurate when the satellite has a tumbling rate of < 1 deg/second.
The speed mode allows the user to manipulate the inner rotor speed and the gimbal angle. It is designed for advanced users who will derive the CMG steering and control laws by themselves.
- Offering improved torque at lower power consumption versus reaction wheels
- Cost-effective solution with high performance
- Compatible with a wide range of satellite configurations
- Comprehensive software support and free technical support
- Customizable speed and torque.
- The system is provided with an optional GNSS receiver & antenna and magnetorquers
- Inner rotor speed control accuracy < 5 rpm
- Tilting angle control accuracy < 1 deg
- Rotor imbalance ISO 1940 G0.4
The system achieved flight heritage in 2022.
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2022-12-20
CMG-10m Control Moment Gyroscope
RS422/485 (optional, only one of the two can be selected)