The Texas Instruments TPS73801-SEP is a low-dropout (LDO) regulator designed to offer a fast transient response. It has a dropout voltage of 300 mV and can supply 1A of output current.
The system's operating quiescent current is 1 mA and this drops to less than 1 µA in shutdown. This quiescent current is carefully controlled and does not rise in dropout.
In addition to its fast transient response, the TPS73801-SEP regulator has also been designed to produce very low output noise, making it highly suitable for sensitive RF supply applications.
The output voltage range (from 1.21-20 V) is stabilized through the use of output capacitors as low as 10 µF. In addition, small ceramic capacitors can be used without requiring the addition of ESR.
The LDO regulator also features internal protection circuitry that includes thermal-limiting, current-limiting, and reverse-current protection, as well as reverse-battery protection.
The TPS73801-SEP regulator is also available with an adjustable 1.21-V reference voltage.
- Supports low Earth orbit (LEO) space applications
- Radiation-hardened low-noise linear regulator power supply for RF, VCOs, receivers, and amplifiers
- Clean analog supply requirements
- Space satellite payloads
- Command and data handling (C&DH)
- Optical imaging payload
- Radar imaging payload
- Satellite electrical power system (EPS)
Orderable Part Numbers
- VID V62/18616
- Radiation hardened
- SEL, SEB, and SEGR immune up to LET=43 MeV-cm2/mg
- SET and SEFI characterized up to LET=43 MeV-cm2/mg
- TID assured for every wafer lot up to 20 krad(Si)
- TID characterized up to 50 krad(Si)
- Space enhanced plastic
- Au bondwire and NiPdAu lead finish
- Enhanced mold compound for low outgassing
- One fabrication, assembly, and test site
- Extended product life cycle
- Extended product change notification
- Product traceability
- Optimized for fast transient response
- Output current: 1 A
- Dropout voltage: 300 mV
- Low noise: 45 µVRMS (10 Hz to 100 kHz)
- 1-mA quiescent current
- No protection diodes needed
- Controlled quiescent current in dropout
- Adjustable output voltage: 1.21 V to 20 V
- Less than 1-µA quiescent current in shutdown
- Stable with 10-µF output capacitor
- Stable with ceramic capacitors
- Reverse-battery protection
- No reverse current
- Thermal limiting
Testing & qualification
Below are the technical documentations available for this product:
- Radiation & reliability report
- TPS73801-SEP Neutron Displacement Damage (NDD) Characterization Test Report
- TPS73801-SEP Total Ionizing Dose (TID) Radiation Report (Rev. B)
- TPS73801-SEP Production Flow and Reliability Report
- TPS73801-SEP Single-Event Effects (SEE) Test Report
- Application note
- Selection guide
- Technical article
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2021-12-21