The Texas Instruments TPS7H3301-SP is a sink and source double data rate (DDR) termination regulator designed for space applications with built-in VTTREF buffer.
The component is specifically designed to be a compact, low-noise solution for applications with space and weight limitations. The space DDR termination applications include solid state recorders, single board computers, and payload processing.
During read/write conditions, the fast transient response feature of the component enables stable supply. Any voltage offset between VTT/Vo and VTTREF are minimized by the fast tracking feature of the VTTREF during transients. DDR VTT termination applications is supported by the TPS7H3301-SP using DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR4.
The component can be integrated with an enable input and an open-drain power-good output (PGOOD) to enable simple power sequencing. To monitor when all supplies have come into regulation. PGOOD output can be tied to multiple open-drain outputs. During suspend to RAM (S3) power down mode, VTT/Vo can be discharged using enable signal.
The product is radiation hardened, space-graded and is tested for on-orbit Single Event Effects (SEE) event rates in LEO and GEO using Cosmic Ray Effects on Micro-Electronics 96 (CREME96).
- Command and data handling (C&DH)
- Optical imaging payload
- Radar imaging payload
Orderable Part Numbers
- Radiation hardness assurance (RHA) qualified to total ionizing dose (TID) 100 krad(Si)
- Single event latch-up (SEL), single event gate rupture (SEGR), single event burnout (SEB) immune to LET=70 MeV-cm2/mg(2)
- Single event transient (SET), single event functional interrupt (SEFI), and single event upset (SEU) characterized to 70 MeV-cm2/mg(2)
- Supports DDR, DDR2, DDR3, DDR3L, and DDR4 termination applications
- Input voltage: supports a 2.5-V and 3.3-V rail(3)
- Separate low-voltage input (VLDOIN) down to
0.9 V for improved power efficiency(3)
- 3-A sink and source termination regulator includes droop compensation
- Enable input and power-good output for power supply sequencing
- VTT termination regulator
- Output voltage range: 0.5 to 1.75 V
- 3-A sink and source current
- Integrated precision voltage divider network with sense input
- Remote sensing (VTTSNS)
- VTTREF buffered reference
- ±15-mV accuracy
- ±10-mA sink and source current
- Undervoltage lockout (UVLO) and overcurrent limit (OCL) functionality integrated
- ALPHA-XILINX-KU060-SPACE - Alpha Data® board for Xilinx® Kintex® UltraScale™ XQRKU060 FPGA with TI power
Testing & qualification
Below are the technical documentations available for this product:
- Radiation & reliability report
- TPS7H3301-SP Neutron Displacement Damage Characterization
- TPS7H3301-SP Single-Event Effects Radiation Report (Rev. A)
- TPS7H3301-SP Total Ionizing Dose Radiation Report
- Application note
- Single-Event Effects Confidence Interval Calculations
- Heavy Ion Orbital Environment Single-Event Effects Estimations
- Selection guide
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2021-12-21