The Texas Instruments TPS7H4002-SP is a synchronous step down converter suitable for space satellite point of load supply for FPGAs, microcontrollers, data converters, and ASICs.
The current mode control feature of the product reduces component count and enables a high switching frequency. The product is offered in a thermally enhanced 20-pin ceramic, dual in-line flatpack package and is integrated with high-side and low-side MOSFETs.
SS/TR pin controls the output voltage startup ramp allowing a stand-alone power supply operation or in tracking situations. With proper configuration of the enable and the open drain power good pins, power sequencing is also possible. In primary-secondary mode, the component can be configured for parallel operation.
To protect the device, current runway is prevented by low-side sourcing current limit and the overload situations are prevented by Cycle-by-cycle current limiting on the high-side FET
Low-side sinking current limit turns off the low-side MOSFET preventing the excessive reverse current. When thermal shutdown temperature is exceeded by the die temperature, the part is disabled by thermal shutdown.
The product is radiation hardened, space-graded and is tested for on-orbit Single Event Effects (SEE) event rates in LEO and GEO using Cosmic Ray Effects on Micro-Electronics 96 (CREME96).
Orderable Part Numbers
- Radiation performance:
- Radiation-hardness-assured up to TID 100 krad(Si)
- SEL, SEB, and SEGR immune to LET=75 MeV-cm2/mg
- SET and SEFI characterized up to LET=75 MeV-cm2/mg
- Peak efficiency: 96.9% (VO =2.5 V)
- Integrated 50-mΩ and 35-mΩ MOSFETs
- Power rail: 3 to 5.5 V on VIN
- 3-A maximum output current
- Flexible switching frequency options:
- 100-kHz to 1-MHz adjustable internal oscillator
- External sync capability: 100 kHz to 1 MHz
- SYNC pin can be configured as a 500-kHz output for primary-secondary applications
- 0.807-V ±1.5% voltage reference over temperature, radiation, and line and load regulation
- Monotonic start-up into prebiased outputs
- Adjustable soft start through external capacitor
- Input enable and power-good output for power sequencing
- Power good output monitor for undervoltage and overvoltage
- Adjustable input undervoltage lockout (UVLO)
- 20-pin ultra-small, thermally-enhanced ceramic flatpack package (HKH) for space applications
Testing & qualification
Below are the technical documentations available for this product:
- Radiation & reliability report
- TPS7H4002-SP Total Ionizing Dose (TID) (Rev. A)
- TPS7H4002-SP Neutron Displacement Damage (NDD) Characterization
- Single-Event Effects Test Report of the TPS7H4002-SP Sync Step-Down Converter
- Application note
- Single-Event Effects Confidence Interval Calculations
- Heavy Ion Orbital Environment Single-Event Effects Estimations
- Selection guide
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2021-12-21