The Texas Instruments TPS50601-SP is a step-down converter suitable for Space Satellite Point of Load Supply for FPGAs, Microcontrollers, and ASICs. The product is radiation hardened, space-graded and is tested for on-orbit Single Event Effects (SEE) event rates in LEO and GEO using Cosmic Ray Effects on Micro-Electronics 96 (CREME96). Engineering Evaluation (/EM) Samples are available.
The current mode control feature of the product reduces component count and enables a high switching frequency. The product is offered in a thermally enhanced 20-pin ceramic, dual in-line flatpack package and is integrated with high-side and low-side MOSFETs.
SS/TR pin controls the output voltage startup ramp allowing a stand-alone power supply operation or in tracking situations. With proper configuration of the enable and the open drain power good pins, power sequencing is also possible.
To protect the device, current runway is prevented by low-side sourcing current limit and the overload situations are prevented by Cycle-by-cycle current limiting on the high-side FET Low-side sinking current limit turns off the low-side MOSFET preventing the excessive reverse current. When thermal shutdown temperature is exceeded by the die temperature, the part is disabled by thermal shutdown.
- Space Satellite Point of Load Supply for FPGAs, Microcontrollers, and ASICs
- Space Satellite Payloads
- Radiation-Tolerant Applications
- Available in Military (–55°C to 125°C) Temperature Range
Orderable Part Numbers
- Radiation Hardness Assurance (RHA) up to TID 100 krad (Si)
- ELDRS Free 100 krad (Si) – 10 mRAD(Si)/s
- Single Event Latchup (SEL) Immune to
LET=85 MeV-cm2/mg (See Radiation Report)
- SEB and SEGR Immune to 85 MeV-cm2/mg, SOA Curve Available (See Radiation Report)
- SET/SEFI Cross-Section Plot Available (See Radiation Report)
- Peak Efficiency: 95% (VO =3.3 V)
- Integrated 55-mΩ/50-mΩ MOSFETs
- Split Power Rail: 1.6 to 6.3 V on PVIN
- Power Rail: 3 to 6.3 V on VIN
- 6-A Maximum Output Current
- Flexible Switching Frequency Options:
- 100-kHz to 1-MHz Adjustable Internal Oscillator
- External Sync Capability: 100 kHz to 1 MHz
- Sync Pin can be Configured as a 500-kHz Output for Master/Slave Applications
- 0.795-V ±1.258% Voltage Reference at 25°C
- Monotonic Start-Up into Prebiased Outputs
- Adjustable Soft Start Through External Capacitor
- Input Enable and Power-Good Output for Power Sequencing
- Power Good Output Monitor for Undervoltage and Overvoltage
- Adjustable Input Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- 20-Pin Thermally-Enhanced Ceramic Flatpack Package (HKH)
- See www.ti.com/swift for SWIFT™ Documentation
Testing & qualification
Below are the technical documentations available for this product:
- Radiation & reliability report
- Application note
- Selection guide
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2021-12-21