The Texas Instruments TPS7H5001-SP is a radiation-hardness-assured, current mode, dual-output Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) controller for DC-DC converters in space applications.
The device is optimized for both gallium nitride (GaN) and silicon (Si) semiconductor systems and features a high switching frequency combined with low current consumption.
The device has also been designed with a small physical footprint and is packaged in a 22-pin ceramic dual flat package.
The TPS7H5001-SP PWM is highly suited to fully exploiting the high-efficiency benefits and area reduction of GaN based DC-DC converters.
It features integrated dead-time programmability and synchronous rectifier control outputs that enable the targeting of high-efficiency and high-performance topologies. In addition, the TPS7H5001-SP is able to supports single-ended converter topologies through the user-defined control of the maximum operating duty cycle, adding additional versatility.
The TPS7H5001-SP can be driven with an external clock using the internal oscillator at a user-defined frequency or through the SYNC pin.
The internal reference, which is accurate to 0.613 V ±1%, allows for the design of high-current buck converters for FPGA core voltages.
Additional programmable features include soft start functionality, the UVLO threshold, and slope compensation.
- Space satellite point of load supply for FPGAs, microcontrollers, data converters and ASICs
- Communications payload
- Command & data handling
- Optical imaging payload
- Satellite electrical power system
Orderable Part Numbers
- Radiation performance:
- Radiation hardness assured (RHA) up to TID 100 krad(Si) (RHA qualification in progress)
- SEL, SEB, and SEGR immune to LET=75 MeV-cm2/mg
- SET and SEFI characterized up to LET=75 MeV-cm2/mg
- Input voltage: 4 V to 14 V
- 0.613-V ±1% voltage reference over temperature, radiation, and line and load regulation
- Operating current of less than 10 mA at 1 MHz
- Switching frequency from 100 kHz to 2 MHz
- External clock synchronization capability
- Synchronous rectification outputs
- Adjustable dead time and leading edge blank time
- Configurable duty cycle limit
- Adjustable slope compensation and soft start
- Adjustable undervoltage lockout (UVLO) using enable pin
- Input fault pin
- Supports buck and isolated topologies
- 22-pin, thermally-enhanced ceramic flatpack package (HFT) for space applications
Testing & qualification
Below are the technical documentations available for this product:
- Radiation & reliability report
- Application note
- Single-Event Effects Confidence Interval Calculations
- Heavy Ion Orbital Environment Single-Event Effects Estimations
- Use of an LDO as a Load Switch for Space Applications
- Selection guide
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2021-12-21
Radiation-hardness-assured (RHA), 4-V to 14-V, dual-output, 2-MHz PWM controller