KP Labs is a NewSpace company based in Poland offering AI computers and software to bring autonomy to demanding space missions. The team behind the company is comprised of 50 space professionals.
Currently, the company is developing Intuition-1 - a 6U-class satellite mission with the Leopard DPU enabling on-board data processing acquired via a hyperspectral instrument with spectral resolution in the range of visible and near-infrared light.
For mission integrators and operators who need to build advanced spacecraft, the Smart Mission Ecosystem brings together the necessary hardware, software, and AI-powered algorithms for complete missions. Unlike fragmented and difficult to integrate solutions, the ecosystem was designed with a holistic approach to enable onboard data processing on the payload and satellite level, as well as to ensure safer and more fault-tolerant missions.
The Smart Mission Ecosystem is a set of hardware, software, and AI-powered algorithms. It consists of a Smart payload (Leopard, Lion, and The Herd) and Smart satellite (Oryx, Oasis, and Antelope):
- Oryx is a modular flight software tool developed for the mission control of small satellites. If components are not directly supported by Oryx, customers can simply extend their simulation by creating customized drivers.
- Antelope combines an On-Board Computer (OBC) and a Data Processing Unit (DPU). Thanks to the powerful (160 GOPS) FPGA system it can handle complicated on-board data processing tasks enabling Earth Observation, telecommunication and other demanding data processing applications. An optional layer of security is provided by the machine learning algorithms which detect events that may be considered threatening to the mission's safety.
- Leopard is a CubeSat standard-compliant data processing unit enabling mission designers to apply AI solutions in space. It was designed to support the capturing, managing, and processing of data in orbit.
- Lion is a data processing unit for advanced operations with the use of artificial intelligence and onboard data processing dedicated to satellites weighing between 50 and 500kg.
- The Herd is a group of onboard AI-powered algorithms for image correction & data analysis dedicated to Earth Observation.
- Oasis is a single-board, CubeSat PC-104 compatible EGSE (electrical ground support equipment) that enables the running of a complete flight version of software on actual hardware before the subsystems are physically present.
The video below is a presentation by KP Labs from the 2021 satsearch webinar: "a guide to advanced data processing and AI for satellite missions". For more information about the webinar, and to see footage of the entire event, please click here
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2023-11-18