The EXA SSA02 is the power-amplified version of the SSA01 wide bandwidth S-band antenna than can accommodate a bandwidth of up to 195 MHz for missions that need great speed and/or bandwidth separation capabilities and great flexibility on the final frequencies selection.
SSA02 is designed to work between 2025 and 2120 MHz and 2200 and 2300 MHz without sacrificing gain. This provides flexibility for customers so they can minimize or avoid having to wait for the final bands and frequency approval. EXA's goal is to enable customers to accelerate their process of getting to space by reducing the typical bottleneck associated with obtaining approval from the relevant telecommunications authority. Customers can file for a frequency use within SSA02’s broad range, helping to potentially save 6 months in the approval process.
SSA02 enhances the link budget for missions through an onboard amplifier tied directly to the antenna, working alongside a RF switch chip that allows safe transceiver capability for the customer's radio. The total ERP delivered by the SSA02 is 34 dB allowing the use of very low power radios, thus saving power without sacrificing link budget. This also means that 2 radios can share the same antenna.
- Flight heritage since 2020
- ERP of 34 dB
- On board RF-switch for safe transceiver capability
- Allows the use of very low power radios
- Allows 2 radios to operate the same antenna
- Custom configurable choice of connectors and/or cables
- Designed for LEO missions and requirements
- Manufactured according to NASA and ESA space standards and materials
- Functional, performance, thermal bake out and vibration tests provided with documentation
- Compatible and compliant with standard deployers and CubeSat Standard
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2021-03-17