The EXA UMPPT Solar Panel Joiner/Adder Module is a sub-EPS module to connect up to four (4) independent solar panel and joins/adds their power yield. The module works irrespective of their orientation and state of illumination, providing a unified multiple power point track service.
Unlike common MPPT modules, the EXA UMPPT module adds the power yield of all solar panels, not only the ones in full illumination or with the maximum power point, but all at once, providing the maximum power yield possible by the solar panel configuration, boosting the power production in orbit and securing the best possible positive power budget for the mission. It also provides telemetry output for each solar panel connected to the module.
- 4 independent Direct Solar Channel processors
- Input proportionally bright LEDS eases engineering diagnostics on ground
- Each DSC is capable to handle up to 32W
- Total power output rated at 128W with proper passive cooling
- Allows the sum of all solar panels output at the same time, no matter their illumination state
- Small footprint and low mass
- Provides telemetry for each solar panel connected to the module
- Designed for LEO missions and requirements
- Manufactured according to NASA and ESA space standards and materials
- Functional, performance, thermal bake out and vibration tests provided w/documentation.
- Compatible and compliant with CubeSat Standard
The system has achieved flight heritage since 2013.
Testing & qualification
All boards are provided with tests reports regarding:
- Thermal Bake out (10E-5 mbar @ 50C for 72 hours)
- Full vibration test for Falcon 9, Electron, Soyuz, Dnepr and Long March 2D
- QT and AT is performed on the unit to be shipped
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2022-04-26