The MultiScape100 CIS is a multispectral push-broom imager primarily designed for Earth Observation applications as a primary payload for microsatellites like CubeSats. It is based on a CMOS imaging sensor and a 7-band multispectral filter in the visible and near-infrared (VNIR) spectral range. The MultiScape100 CIS provides continuous line-scan imaging in up to 7 spectral bands, each with digital time delay integration (dTDI).
The optics have a large aperture diameter and long focal length within a compact form factor, resulting in a ground sampling distance (GSD) of 4.75 m at an orbit height of 500 km. The modified Cassegrain optical design brings performance to the edge of the field over the whole spectral range at ultra-low distortion. The MultiScape100 CIS is engineered to withstand the rigours of the space environment and maintain performance across a wide temperature range. Its compact form factor is optimised for integration into 3U or larger CubeSat structures.
The MultiScape100 CIS imager consists of the following functional components:
- Optical Front-End (OFE): The xScape100 VNIR OFE is used to focus the incoming light onto the focal plane.
- Sensor Unit (SU): It consists of the CMOS sensor front-end electronics (FEE) and a 7-band filter. It also includes the sensor plate mechanics which allows it to be mounted at the OFE's focal plane.
- Control Electronics (CE): The CE provides control and data interfaces to the satellite bus. It performs sensor control, data handling, data storage and image processing. It is also responsible for power regulation and management, as well as health monitoring and telemetry.
Applications for which the MultiScape100 CIS can be used include:
- Precision agriculture
- Forestry and land use
- Energy and infrastructure
- Coastal monitoring
- Air quality
- Resource and infrastructure monitoring
Some key features of this imager include:
- 7 spectral bands in the VNIR range
- On-board image processing and compression capabilities (optional)
- Comprehensive onboard telemetry and health monitoring
- Latch-up current monitoring and optional on-board power switch with quick turn-off
- Inject AOCS/ADCS parameters and time information into data stream
- Option to integrate pulse per second signal
- Environmental verification based on GSFC-STD-7000
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2022-08-22