The TriScape100 by Simera Sense is a red-green-blue (RGB) colour snapshot imager primarily designed for Earth Observation applications as a primary payload for microsatellites like CubeSats. It is based on a 12.6-megapixel CMOS imaging sensor with integrated RGB Bayer filter in the visible spectral range. The TriScape100 provides snapshot imaging with a frame rate of up to 150 full resolution frames per second (FPS).
The optics have a large aperture diameter and long focal length within a compact form factor, resulting in a ground sampling distance (GSD) of 4.75 m at an orbit height of 500 km. The modified Cassegrain optical design brings performance to the edge of the field over the whole spectral range at ultra-low distortion. The TriScape100 is engineered to withstand the rigours of the space environment and maintain performance across a wide temperature range. Its compact form factor is optimised for integration into 3U or larger CubeSat structures.
The TriScape100 imager consists of the following functional components:
- Optical Front-End (OFE): The xScape100 VIS OFE is used to focus the incoming light onto the focal plane. It includes a near-infrared (NIR) blocking filter.
- Sensor Unit (SU): It consists of the CMOS sensor Front-End Electronics (FEE) with integrated RGB Bayer filter. It also includes the sensor plate mechanics which allows it to be mounted at the OFE's focal plane.
- Control Electronics (CE): The CE provides control and data interfaces to the satellite bus. It performs sensor control, data handling, data storage and image processing. It is also responsible for power regulation and management, as well as health monitoring and telemetry.
Applications for which the TriScape100 can be used include:
- Emergency management
- Precision agriculture
- Forestry and land use
- Coastal monitoring
- Resource and infrastructure monitoring
Some key features of this imager include:
- Integrated RGB Bayer filter in the visible spectral range
- On-board image processing and compression capabilities (optional)
- Comprehensive onboard telemetry and health monitoring
- Latch-up current monitoring and optional on-board power switch with quick turn-off
- Inject AOCS/ADCS parameters and time information into data stream
- Option to integrate pulse per second signal
- Configurable CubeSat Kit Bus (CSKB) compatible connector interface
- Configurable wirable connector interface
- Environmental verification based on GSFC-STD-7000
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2022-08-22
1. 8000 image frames at full 12.6-megapixel resolution
2. tested up to 25 kRad, without shielding, using a 60Co source, some degradation in Flash storage at higher doses