The Texas Instruments LM117QML-SP is a 3-terminal, positive voltage linear regulator that can supply 0.5A or 1.5A over a 1.2-37V output range.
The component is flight-proven, radiation-hardness-assured (RHA), and designed for simple operation, requiring only two external resistors to set the output voltage.
The regulator is 'floating' and sees only the input-to-output differential voltage. This enables the regulation of supplies of several hundred volts, provided the maximum input-to-output differential is not exceeded.
The LM117QML-SP offers full overload protection for safe areas, current limits, and thermal overload.
The device is designed to be highly versatile and can be used as a precision current regulator, programmable output regulator, or an adjustable switching regulator.
In addition, for high voltage applications the LM117HVQML-SP is a pin-to-pin drop-in replacement that can be used for voltages up to 60V. For the negative complement of the LM117QML-SP, please see the Texas Instruments LM137QML-SP.
- Satellite electrical power system (EPS)
- Bias supply for PWM controllers
Orderable Part Numbers
- Radiation hardness assured (RHA) up to a total ionizing dose (TID) of 100 krad(Si)
- High dose rate (HDR) option at 50-300 rad(Si)/s
- Low dose rate (LDR) option at 10 mrad(Si)/s
- Specified 0.5-A or 1.5-A output current options
- Adjustable output down to 1.2 V
- Current limit constant with temperature
- Output is short-circuit protected
Testing & qualification
Below are the technical documentations available for this product:
- Radiation & reliability report
- Application note
- Single-Event Effects Confidence Interval Calculations
- Heavy Ion Orbital Environment Single-Event Effects Estimations
- Use of an LDO as a Load Switch for Space Applications
- Selection guide
Disclaimer: satsearch is not responsible for any mistakes on this page, although we do our best to ensure correctness. Please report any mistakes to us.
Last updated: 2021-12-21